Thursday, November 2, 2023

Ink and watercolor

 


I've returned to watercolor still striving to create allowing the water to take charge. I chose to draw with waterproof ink and then color with Caran D'Ache Neo color 2 water soluble crayons. The three sleeping pigs were fun but the crayons aren't as free as watercolor paints. 


I met a crow and a robin in a supermarket parking lot and thought immediately they were a natural composition. I drew them in ink and painted with water color paint which allowed me to drop in blooms and color; to wash away darker  shades to create lighter areas. 


I saw an oak leaf on the ground and at first thought it was a feather. Instantly I had a flash in my mind of bird with leaves instead of feathers and again using ink and watercolor I created crow dressed as a robin for Halloween. 
But, that's what Halloween is all about really, aside from the candy. We get to be someone or something else for one evening. Unfortunately for us, probably most of us, we are oftern pretending to  be someone else and, if you think about it, ourt friends and family often help us with the fantasy. Or am I being too synical?

Just click on the images to watch the videos


Just a side note. I realized the other day, Tuesday, actually, while signing a card for a coworker, that my handwriting, once beautiful and controlled is shaky. I have arthritis in the fingers of my right hand and it is visible. Not so bad that it is beyond mildly uncomfortable but enough that fine drawing and detail is difficult for me. So, I guess, my Higher Consciousness has been guiding me to pen and wash and water media all along. I was just too sunconscious to recognize it, until Tuesday. So, it's time for me to stop punishing myself and let loose with pens and sketchy drawing and watercolor. It's fun. It's Whimsical. It can be serious if I so chose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment