Monday, November 13, 2023

I am such a confused artist



 Okay. Not so very long ago I declared my love of Pan Pastels, pastels, pastel pencils and I have created many beautiful paintings with this medium. But, I recreated my YouTube channel to a Vlog and began re-collecting various mediums. I shared and revealed and shared again different media. I began a tiny infatuation with Neocolor 2 from Caran D'Ache but just yesterday morning,  while meditating on my next Neocolor project, Derwent Inktense marched loudly into the center of my mind and that was it. I'd created over 30 paintings with Inktense but stopped years ago as I moved into alcohol inks, watercolor, and pastels in all of its glorious variations. Oh there were oil paintings and acrylic paintings as well. And acrylic inks made a recent appearance in my art space. 

Now, I don't claim to be a creative genius although, sometimes I do have a creative spark.  But, I master every medium I use; become infatuated and, as a fickle lover sees the next pretty smile and moves on so do I. That's me, a fickle medium lover.  

So, what's this is all about? I only have videos on YouTube dating back a bit over 3 years. I have no videos of my Inktense paintings on YouTube. I decided this morning to find images of my Inktense work and create a respective intro of said images for my next, not-yet-taped YouTube video. There are a few of my Inktense paintings below this article.

 The colors are so vibrant. The pencils and block blend and cover so well. I used to have all 72 of the pencils and 30 something of the blocks but since I hadn't used them for so long, I gave them away. Well, I repurchased a twelve set of each and that's plenty to get me started because I have the knowledge and skill to blend these colors. Stay tuned to my YouTube channel to watch my next video featuring Derwent Inktense Pencils on Derwent Inktense paper.














No comments:

Post a Comment