Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Why I just gave up Pastel Pencils

 Trying to sharpen my pastel pencils has become a nightmare. Well a bad dream at any rate as I break points over and again. The best way, I suppose is to sharpen them with a blade but that that's a long time and is difficult for me. Then I remembered my Prismacolor Pastels. Hard and easily sharpened on a sanding block if needed. Fine squared edges. I had them and never used them. Not since I was in college or there abouts. 

I packed away the pencils and time will tell if they make their way to Good Will or back to my drawing board. I do most of my work with Pan Pastels, trying to keep the use of pencils to a minimum. I kept the black and the white a few colors that I frequently use in detailing but the rest are boxed away. The NuPastels give off less dust than soft pastels and no more than the pencils. 

I feel so much better. Tomorrow I hope to start a new project. Work today. Appointments tomorrow AM and tomorrow AM and tomorrow AM. Life does get in the way of my creative process. 


No comments:

Post a Comment