Wednesday, October 26, 2022

A Puzzlement



And I'm back to bird studies using only Pan Pastels but using lighter toned papers. The red and brown bird is a finch and the bright orange and black bird is an Oriole. These will both show up on you tube as hour long demonstrations. I guess demonstrations is the right word. Whole I some step-by-step tutorials on YouTube, most of my videos are sharing my process, telling you what I'm doing sometimes and just chatting. 

I do teach art as part of my job as a librarian but I'm not quite sure if that is what I'm doing on YouTube. With the past four the four videos I've been creating pastel paintings for about an hour just chatting  about art, my process and stuff. I'm enjoying editing as well. I'm just keeping bit simple and avoiding attempts to make my homemade videos to some how be professional. That was way too much work. 

This is a wild new age for everyone. We can make movies, write books, create art and music and share it on the net with absolutely no background in production. I'm just feeling my way through , sharing my paintings as I find my path. as of today I'm up to 187 subscribers. Its a far cry from many of the YouTubers I watch but I'm so pleased about them and grateful to them. One of my videos has over 2,000 views and I don't know what I did, if anything to make that happens. I think I'm paraphrasing b the king from Anna and the King when I say "tis a puzzlement."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment