Wednesday, October 12, 2022

It's a process!

 And I love it!. This is the painting I created from Pan Pastels and just a few pastel pencils. Because of the architecture, the bird house, I used the grid method to be sure all proportions were correct. 



The video is available for your viewing pleasure. Just click here: Birds at the Feeder
Its really two time lapse videos; one of the drawing and one of  the painting.

This is the drawing I created from the following very poor photographs of our bird feeder. However, having done aa many portraits and studies of birds as I have, it was no effort to create an accurate depiction of the Bluejay and the Woodpecker.







My next move was to grid the original drawing. Now this drawing was for composition purposes only. It was by no means meant to be a fine art drawing. I used one inch grids on both the drawing and the painting.


You can still see a few of the grid lines in the drawing on the black paper. I drew with white pastel pencil.



This is my final piece. I am pleased. It is always tough getting started on a new project but once I start its like a day in the country or at the beach or breakfast in bed.  And I stop and go back and stop and go back, looking at the work with fresh eyes. 





















I even changed my name on my blog and my YouTube channel to Joan Mansson. Pastel Artist. I feel so at home; all warm and fuzzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment