Thursday, April 4, 2024

And the search goes on and on and...

 Here's what I've been up to since last I posted. Derwent Inktense blocks and Pencils.

I e joyed it but it wasn't as fulfilling as it once was. I've done better with the medium and I've done worse. In the first painting I used blocks and some pencils. In the second I used mostly pencils. I prefer the softer touch of the second piece. 



Well, one would think that I would continue on to do more work with Inktense but, I'm not. I put away the inktense and pulled out my water soluble graphite pencils and my watercolor pencils and trying my hand at glazing. I've started on my latest project and with composition in place, I'm activating the graphite one area at a time and  then I'll glaze with watercolor pencils in tge same way. So far I'm enjoying it and enjoying not taping it. I will tape the last of the project so everyone can see the process but I really enjoy not worrying about camera angles and narration. In fact, I've not narrated mt last 2 or 3 videos. Amazingly, as much as I talk, especially at the library where I have to talk to people, I like working in silence. I even enjoy working with the sound of a mystery or tv show in the background.  

Which brings me to my latest quandary. Hiw to keep up my YouTube channel without doing the normal demos. I've been watching a few YTERS for ideas and I think il on the verge of the verge of the verge of a new approach. 

I want it to be better. I want it to be more interesting. I'm praying on it. Seriously. Inspiration is needed and prayed for. 

Thanks for sticking with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment