Saturday, January 27, 2024

My first Post Covid Art Project

       Watch the realtime video. Click here.


I painted this surreal piece using blue, white and black Pan Pastels and pastel pencils. My surface is Canson black drawing paper. This lovely, empty tequila bottle has a blue rooster standing on the front of it. Doing glass isn't as tricky as it seems, especially on black paper. Capturing the reflections as abstract shapes is key. I pulled the rooster off the label, leaving just part of the tail feathers and the right leg on the bottle. 

I still have more physical therapy to do. Well, not prescribed but self imposed. My hands are not steady enough, strong enough to move as delicately as I wish. Now that I can work with art again, I'm on the rad to renewed health. Brainfog is pretty much lifted. Six or seven weeks of being ill is so difficult on my creative nature. 


No comments:

Post a Comment