Tuesday, July 26, 2022

water color pencils on black water color paper.....



Here it is. My first water color painting on black paper. I worked sort of. I had great difficulty with the jellyfish and creating a sort of luminescence. Well, you don't really get that with watercolors as you can with pastels and oils but ....  and while the lionfish looks pretty cool, the deepening of the colors as I wet them worked against me. When I work with colored pencils on black paper I don't have to anticipate the color. It's there. I do believe, for now at least, I will stick with white water color paper. I have plenty. 



I used black Stonehenge hot press watercolor paper. Cold press might have been better but I think my color application is more the issue here. Good composition though. I didn't tape this project. 

Thanks for checking in:)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment