Monday, July 25, 2022

Owls.......

 The epic of the owls continues.  

I drew a picture of a barn owl on black Canson drawing paper using white colored pencil and black colored pencil along with a touch of eraser and exacto blade although I fund the blade to be ineffective. This was a fun and free drawing. I don't even remember if I filmed it. Oh well. I'll find out soon enough




Then, I just can't get the photos set up correctly today, I drew the photo on the top using Derwent drawing pencils on black Canson drawing paper. Both images are 9 x 12; well the paper is anyway.

I just bounce back and forth between B & W and Color and then between media. I went from soft pastels to pencils in three days and now!  Well now I'm going to work with watercolor pencil glazing. I did a blog about that a little bit ago. I really enjoyed the process and the outcome but it's been 2 and a half years since I worked with watercolor pencils. I even have a project that will look really good on black water color paper if the medium will let me. I have not have great experience with watercolor paints on black watercolor paper but I'm thinking, if I take the right approach with the watercolor pencils I might be able to make it work. I'll see. I was going to do a painting of a tiny bird but I think I'll start with he black paper and if it doesn't work, it doesn't work. 

This is the composition I created on photos shop from a couple of photos that I got from I don't remember where a few years ago. Jellyfish and a lionfish. I'm looking forward to this project. I've never used either reference photo before so I don't have any notes on them. It could have been Pixabay or Lisa Lachri or even a trip to the local zoo or some combination thereof. 


Thanks for stopping by. I'll let you know what happens with this project.






No comments:

Post a Comment