Sunday, May 22, 2022

What's Wrong With This Picture?

 


He's adorable, isn't he? It's not my best work. I'm not happy with it. I realized why. Well, what's really wrong is that I used a reference photo of a beautiful lion and while in the photo the lion was looking straight at me in the painting he's not.

Somehow in drawing the image I changed the angle of the face and he's looking up at me.

I'm also no happy with my technique. Most of the mane is okay but I really misjudged the coloring. I think it's time to go back to black and white for a while or maybe monochromatic pieces. Sometimes this just happens to me. Suddenly I can't make the colors work. I can't work the pencils properly and the Pan Pastels are not as up to the challenge as they should be. I have no idea what that means. 

I'll draw him another time. 





No comments:

Post a Comment