Friday, February 25, 2022

When in doubt....

Again the doubts plague my mind. I had decided on where I was taking my pastels, at least until I came to my next learning plateau and BOOM! doubt struck like a meteor in the night. Don't you just hate that. I'd planned to do more work with using Pan Pastels to tint drawings and to experiment with various papers to see which worked best with graphite and water soluble graphite. Then I just didn't know. I had done this before with Faber Castell water color pencils and the results were beautiful. Then I fell in with pastels and then Pan Pastels because of the stiffness in my fingers. But perhaps I should just go black and white. I love black and white.

Doubt and Ego had reared their ugly heads and confused me. So I did what any self respecting Reiki practitioner would do; I did a calibration (see Prelandra Ltd.) with my Reiki Grandmother, team I sent reiki to the problem and after allowing my mind to go all monkey the dust settled and I was back with my original inclination. So I have my next project set to go. I have my reference photo ready; a flock of Ibis have moved into my neighborhood so one of the juveniles is my subject. I am going to use Pastel Premier sanded paper and water soluble graphite pencils and tint with Pan Pastels using a limited ..

I'll let you know how it worked out in my next post. I hope it's beautiful. I know I can't use the Pastel Mat paper for this but other sanded papers have great possibilities. I've got lots of sanded paper as well as watercolor paper. I have everything I need.

On another note, I just finished my first Skill Share Class of 2022. The class that I'm teaching that is. This is a link to the class which includes one free month off the year's membership. 

https://www.skillshare.com/r/user/jmansson?gr_tch_ref=on

This is the project and it isn't available anywhere else.



If you can't afford Skillshare at this time, please keep in mind that I have different new videos on using Pan Pastels (some time lapse, some real time) regularly on my YouTube Channel. 


No comments:

Post a Comment