Except for preparing art for an upcoming exhibit I promised I would do, I'm not creating art for show or share. I've deleted my YouTube content and I feel lighter. No more stressing about keeping up the content or dealing with subscribers. I had 28,100 when I closed the account. I've struggled with this decision for the better part of a year as my artistic gifts changed, morphed, diminished and regrew. After this show it's only for me. I don't have to share with anyone. I don't have to keep it up. I've actually been thinking about eliminated all social media but my family and friends, those I actually know, are there and that's how we share photos although all of the ads and requests to follow are irritating. I've also deleted my Instagram Account and Substack.
It's time to unload the unnecessary from my life. I'm finally getting back some energy and I don't need to drag around imaginary obligations. Stay tuned for my January 2027 post. Talk about fresh starts. I will be cleaning house. But that's on the back burner while I create pan pastels paintings on canvas.
I'm really just sharing this so you know, if you follow me, that I'm still writing and intend to continue to write and study the art of the essay and figure out what I'm writing about. I already have my next topic in mind; my next essay is writing itself.

No comments:
Post a Comment