Tuesday, August 20, 2024

No Posts Since July? Where has the time gone?

 



Well, once again I have changed to title of my Art Vlog. This time I dropped the "Fine" and it's just "Art Vlog." And once again I am at odds with media. My media. Which media? Okay. I'll paint if I have to, like a commission or a special request or my libary art classes but other than that I am drawing with graphite. I have charcoal and I have a few pencils if I feel like it.  I have a few water soluble graphites if I want to use them. I have many pencils, colored, watercolor, Inktense, pastel. But I really don't want to use any of them. I just want to draw. With pencils. Mechanical and wood. That's it.

And I'm not taping my projects. No video. I'm still vlogging but not doing demos of tutorils or any combination there of. I'll introduce my project. I'll share my fnal result. I'll chare a project but I'm not taping my art any more. I won't say not ever but I feel so much better just drawing. Just me and my pencils and paper and reference photos. No talking. No narrating. No being concerned with keeping up with the steps I take or the colors I use. I drew a picture of a Bullfinch today and I loved it. It was relaxing, not tense. This is the photo.



I used mechanical pencils on Strathmore 400 series drawing paper. 8 x 10. I'm just going to keep drawing pictures of birds until I have enough for a grayscale coloring book. I'll post the images as prints on my Threadless account. That doesn't change. I'll have to scan them for better copies. But I'm not taping my drawing sessions and amazingly, just the thought of that has made the process of creating so much more beautiful; peaceful and exciting a the same time. I won't be editing anyting more than 15 minutes long. That will keep editing fun. All of my attempts to share my work and build up my YouTube channel has just been too much like work and it shouldn't be. And now it won't be.

I'm not worried about getting a publisher or manufactuer. Amazon is easy for self publishing and I've done several books before. I've giving classes on it. I don't know when this will come out but I'll enjoy my journey. I love to draw.

Oh, here is the last piece I did using Staedtler Mars Black pencils. Those pencils are beautiful.











No comments:

Post a Comment