Thursday, May 2, 2024

Experiment with acrylic ink and soft pastels.

 I used Sennelier soft pastels, General's pastel pencils, Sennelier abstract inks on Stonehenge hot watercolor paper to create this painting, and experiment was a but anticlimactic.


The painting required that I apply fixative twice during the process so that the pastel would hold. 

I began with creating an abstract background.


Applying the first layer of pastels was difficult. They wouldn't hold. After I applied the fixative, the pastel began hold. And a third application was called for. Then I used pastel pencils for better detail. 

Still, when finished, I wasn't pleased. I hadn't been able to properly draw with the pastels over the plastic surface. Still, I did manage to get volume and contrast on the Egret. 

There is a YouTube video coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment